Monday, January 16, 2017

Dreamforce

In late Aug 2016 my boyfriend Scott Haeger saw a flyer from a company called Acrobat Outsourcing [note: Acrobat (U2 song)] seeking staff for Dreamforce, Salesforce’s annual conference, Tue Oct 4 through Fri Oct 7. We knew U2 was playing Dreamfest, the concert at Dreamforce. I made an appointment for August 29, worried that there would be too many staffed already. However, it turned out I was one of the first to answer the ad. I asked to be placed at Dreamforce on Oct 5 but said I was available other days that week, so they scheduled me Sun, Oct 2 through Wed Oct 5 including a day of registration, two days of registration, and Dreamfest!

On the day of Dreamfest, dozens of us workers spent a long but fun day in the barn where they used to store the cows. But above us on the hill was this room where the after-party occurred. This shot is during the day.

We also had some time to check out the stage area early in the day. Later, finally as we started to march back outside, all together for the show, we were being lead to the upper parking lot to operate merchant stands. I pulled Scott aside and said, "I don't know what we're going to do, but I am not missing the show." His idea was to beeline over to the ADA ramp (lifted above the crowd for any concertgoer with a legitimate disability, best place in the house!) where he saw a few other workers. He said we were sent to this area. I added that (fill in name of our supervisor which I forget now) sent us. The guy in charge seemed perplexed as he had enough workers in the area, but he compliantly agreed. He even fit us on the overcrowded cart as he drove us back to the barn to get gloves, caps and scarves so we would be warmer, and it was still daylight.



Later as the audience started forming, Scott and I had a tight hug. We just could not believe our good luck for this day. Our friend Iris took this of us without us knowing!

The best part of the night was when Scott was trying to block a woman and a man from walking up the ramp when I realized it was Edge's wife Morleigh Steinberg and Bono's best friend Gavin Friday. So I very vocally told Scott it was okay and why. Morleigh and Gavin said they were trying to avoid fans who were sneaking cigarettes in the crowd. We got to watch a few songs with them by our side!

And of course a great part of the night was watching Bono fire Trump, courtesy of YouTube:

No comments: