Sunday, November 15, 2009

New Album(s)/Tour Legs in 2010


U2 started a tour break on October 29, 2009 that will last until summer 2010. They are expected to release a new album called Songs of Ascent, thought to be a counterpart to the current album, No Line On The Horizon (released in March 2009). However, there is other talk of releasing a "real" album as they claim to have enough material to do so, but they won't release it unless they feel it's perfect. One album or the other is expected in June!

Click HERE for the official schedule for the rest of the tour. The third leg starts in North America, June-July. The fourth leg is in Europe in August-early October.

RUMORS
A fifth leg could go to South America, Australia, New Zealand, and possibly other countries in later October-November.

I have tickets for Oakland and will probably go to Anaheim too (CA shows) and would go to Vegas if they play there. As for the rest of the U.S., I am hoping to make it to cities I haven't seen them play in, like Miami and Boston, but a lot depends on getting a job or jobs, how much I am making, and if I can take time off. I didn't think I might go abroad again but I am considering going to Russia since Natalie is from there!

No comments: